Monday, February 19, 2007

Today makes four - four times in less than a week God has put me in a conversation to speak to someone so that He could speak to me. It seems that in each of these four conversations, all with other believers, the central themes have been things God desperately wants me to believe in real-life form. On the surface of these instances, it appears that I was the one doing the encouraging; that I was the one reminding the struggling one of God's truths. I saw their faces brighten, their eyes light up as God's hope made sense to them again. I saw their demeanors changed, their countenance lifted right in front of me. I saw them smile through tears, some that were outward, some that were hidden. I walked away with an attitude of prayer, asking God to help them understand His love, timing, ultimate control and faithfulness. I saw God help them through my voice.

What they didn't see, was God trying to speak to me. I don't know that a single word was spoken through my mouth that wasn't intended by God for my ears and heart. I've often known God to guide me through the Bible. More often than I realize, He has spoken to me through the advice of others. Recently, He brought to mind an instance that occurred some three years before to confirm the answer to my question. I have even had thoughts I assumed to be random proven to be God's answer to my prayer. But now, for the first time I can remember, God has spoken to me by using me to speak to others. How great and personal is God! It is amazing that the creator and keeper of all that is would be so involved in my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home