Monday, August 28, 2006

i feel like i need to apologize for my last post, which i've since deleted. today, a friend of mine brought to my attention that the comments i made could too easily be read as me trying to direct a point at some people i disagreed with. if you read the post and got the same impression, please know that i was not directing it to any particular person or persons, and i did not intend for it to read the way it did. i have a tendency to use wording that makes me sound serious, offensive, and sometimes arrogant when i'm not trying to be. especially when i'm trying to say something in as few words as possible, like in a blog entry. as badly as i want the inside of me to be visible to everyone, there's a shell on the outside of me that causes me to be perceived differently than i really am. my heart is not to offend anyone, and certainly not to be off-putting toward my family in God. instead, i want to see believers unite in a raw, up-side down kind of faith that messes up the status quo of the world we live in by infecting it with the message of Jesus Christ. when i see opinions or traditions that i think could prevent us from doing this, i often speak harshly without meaning to. the funny thing is, there are things i deal with in my own life that are just as incompatible with God's Spirit.
i thank God often for those he's allowed me to work around, both on staff at this church, as well as the student ministry leaders. i have a great amount of support that a lot of people in my position only wish for, and i want all of you to know that i appreciate and value everything you bring to the table. i would never intentionally offend any of you. i want to be faithful and effective in this calling God has placed on my life, and i appreciate your prayers and support, while i pray for and support you. thank you so much for all you do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Two thumbs up!!!!
It is a pleasure to minister along side of you, my brother.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home